Storm Brewing in Miami (1 photo for C+C)

docphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, this is a photo of the Miami skyline from our cruise ship leaving port... We left just in time!

3696138115_86f13c3d29_b.jpg

Do you have editing software? If so, I'd make the clouds look more menacing; just looks like an overcast day to me.

Yes I do actually! I have CS4 but I have no clue where to begin to make those clouds menacing looking! Any tips for a newbie?

BURN EM UP!

maybe isolate the sky and do some burning or levels or contrast in there...nice shot.
let's see it EVIL! :D

hahahha thanks for that burn tip SrBiscuit!!!! I just got CS4 so that was a great tip:
here's a first crack at it that took a few minutes to do. will definitely have to spend some more time on it later. If anyone would like to have a go at editing it, please do!

3698220310_792cf1f898_b.jpg

Now it just looks really fake. I think the bottom line is that those clouds just aren't that impressive looking. It would take alot of work to make them look both menacing and realistic.

i think the revised version looks too menacing already. tone it down a little and i think you got a winner
clear.gif

Im a noob but I recommend maybe converting to black and white and play with the contrast. It think it would look nice imho. Like the composition of the photo.

when using the burn tool, turn the opacity of the brush down ill try an edit a little later (have to reinstal photoshop... i moved from windows to linux ubuntu! what a hassle getting windows apps to work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back