~ STORM CASUALTY ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC09414_Fotor.jpg

~ Storm Casualty ~ Connecticut was recently battered by a tropical storm that left well o'er a half million without electrical power. Property damage, downed power lines and trees were to be seen everywhere. Me post storm roving with the camera yesterday shows evidence that all damages sustained were not only those suffered by humans. This wood duck nesting box at me gun club is severely damaged and luckily, long after any successful brood dwelling in her has fledged.

If one looks carefully the letters CW minus the obscured A (CWA) can be seen on the lower fascia o' the box, that signifying a box built and erected by members o' the Connecticut Waterfowl Association, an organization dedicated to habitat enhancement and preservation along with waterfowl conservation and education. I am a member of CWA as are some other members o' me gun club. The large marshland at me gun club provides nesting, feeding, and roosting habitat for a number o' bird and other wildlife species.

This box will be evaluated for potential repair or replacement. We see annual brood success in a number o the boxes we maintain.

Given the recent storm damage, it is advisable that those maintaining nesting boxes do an evaluation and note this boxes needing repair or replacement prior to next year's breeding season.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Nice shot. Those storms are scary. I stayed up all night one time waiting it out but lucky for me the hurricane changed directions and instead of getting hit with a category 4 we only caught the outer edge of it and only got a cat 1 instead. WHEW! :1251:

Nice shot. Those storms are scary. I stayed up all night one time waiting it out but lucky for me the hurricane changed directions and instead of getting hit with a category 4 we only caught the outer edge of it and only got a cat 1 instead. WHEW! :1251:

Kirk,
Phenomenal kinetic energy in those storms and the resulting damages are proof positive of that most assuredly.

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

New Topics

Back