What's new

Storm rolling in at Sunset Arizona

yipDog

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 22, 2011
Messages
82
Reaction score
10
Location
Mesa, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit


And some misc lightning...











All 5D mk3, either 24-70, 16-35, 24-105 and a Patchmaster 3 in 1 trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 
Whoa, I find these quite impressive.
The first is very, very pretty, of course. Such a sky would have made me get out the camera, too!
Then came the storm and the lightning and - well, I can't help it: I admire ANYONE who's captured lightning, as I've never managed to get even ONE decent lightning photo in my life so far. The third photo shown is fascinating, and so would be the fourth if it weren't for the many raindrops on the lens. A pity. Still: that was one powerful strike!
The colours in the one after that are also cool - the whole series is!
 
Thanks for the kind words!

I can't say enough good about the Patchmaster trigger. If you google it you'll find the link. Pretty cheap for the return in good pics. If you want to catch lots of good lightning it's really the only way. Out of five "chases" this year I have over a hundred really good shots and a ton more average. Ive even got some in daylight!

The raindrops were actually on the window of my car. The camera was handheld with the trigger. The storm was so crazy I didn't want to get out of the car!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 
Dramatic lightning photos. As you hear over and over and over again--stay safe!
 
Thanks!
For most of these, I was around ISO 160-320 and a 4-6 sec exposure at f5.6-f8
The exact settings are in the metadata which can be seen on smugmug where the pics are hosted.

http://yipdog.smugmug.com/Weather/Storms/24111167_7sjqNW#!i=2040805000&k=gXL3hG3

The big trick I use us the trigger. It's a Patchmaster 3 in 1. About $150. The thing never misses. Only time I get bad shots is when the lightning is out of frame or when I'm adjusting camera settings.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 
Nice set, but the colours on the last two are unbelievable making them my favourites.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom