stormy

This picture has an interesting atmosphere, yet unfinished. It looks like stormy, but it doesn't feel like. Time just before the storm has a specific light, usually more contrasty, this shot looks like under exposed. Was it really stormy ?

Thank you Woodsman :)

@Timor, yes, it was really stormy. It doesn't rain often in central texas but when it does we get quite the show! This was a golden hour rainstorm and that photo was taken just before the sun set when there was still a little light peeking through the clouds.

Last edited:
Good expression on kids face, nice work! :)

Sent from my iPhone

There is much father/son appeal to the photo.

I really like the shot. Did you do anything special for the lighting on the cap and child's face?
Thank you! No I didn't do anything special with the light. Since the cap was white it reflected the light really well. And my son was facing the sun so his face was lit up. :)

Yeah... that's very neat. There is a LOT there. I wish dad didn't have a ballcap on though. And I keep wanting to play a bit with the crop. Still... VERY nice.

Yeah... that's very neat. There is a LOT there. I wish dad didn't have a ballcap on though. And I keep wanting to play a bit with the crop. Still... VERY nice.

Thank you! I wish he didn't have the ball cap either. But that was conditional for the photoshoot HA!

Most reactions

Back