JonMikal said:
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?????
great series Cindy! love the colors in 1,2 & 5. you caught some awesome texture in the wagon wheel! you've really created a storybook feel too!
good to see you!
Hi Jon!
Sorry, I've had this really crazed schedule! I've been shooting a ton, but not necessarily good stuff. I've been having an identity crisis, photographically speaking, for a while. Fortunately for me, I was invited to Day One Foundation Workshop, and they set my butt straight. The message was to quit trying to emulate people I admired and get back to doing my own 'thang.
Anyway, the workshop was held at Storybook Ranch. Such a cool place. The instuctors were Pulitzer prize winners David Leeson and Cheryl Diaz Meyer, as well as Photojournalism/Wedding Photog rockstars such as Huy Nguyen, Cliff Mautner, Linda Wallace, Craig Strong, and Amy Deputy. What a killer conference and everyone was fantastic.
Anyhoo, once I started my own photography business, I started to really stress out. I lost the fun in it. I started worrying to much about what "real" wedding photogs would think, what "brides" really wanted, and just really lost touch with what little style I had developed instinctually. I tried to copy others and was doing a progressively more lousy job as time went by. I just couldn't figure out why my photos were getting worse instead of better.
I'm so glad I went to this conference. It was a wake up call I badly needed......so look out for new stuff! It might still suck, but at least it will be my vision. :lmao:
I missed you guys, and promise to pop in more!!!!
Hugs!
Cindy