TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday, 07:19 PM * #1
Adam Moore
TPF Noob!

*Howdy,

I'm re-posting something that I put up in the beginners q & a so that I can have the best chance of an expert opinion. I'm also including all the responses that I've already received.

Thanks!

My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
My Gallery: (3)
Strange challenge for instant film
The subject: a neon sign against a white wall.

The task: to take a picture using a vintage instant camera that still retains the subjects color and shape. To actually still be able to read the sign.

The film: impossible px70 color shade push

This has failed many times for me so far and I'm tired of wasting film. Any suggestions?

StevePPhoto

go digital lol

O|||||||O

What do your current attempts look like?

I haven't used an instant camera in a long time, so I don't have any real advice... I am kinda interested in seeing the pictures though.

(You might have better luck posting in the film section...)

reznap

Instant camera? Kinda impossible.. does it meter the scene? Is it firing the flash? I don't see how you could get the right exposure without actually being able to set it up. You could try taping over the flash if it's firing.

Sigma 1.4x Teleconverter for sale!

"rebal" T2i
my amateurish flickr

Quote: Originally Posted by Derrel
"Vanity, thy name is...reznap."
Adam Moore
@Steve: never!

@Josh: thanks, I think I will try the film section too. I don't have any of my attempts yet because I haven't scanned them, but no matter the range, they just appear as a bright spot, no color distinction, no shape, as if I were taking a picture of a single bright light.

@Reznap: well, this is a pretty old, very simple camera. I don't think it has the ability to meter anything. As for the flash, it's detatchible. I've tried the shot with and without flash. You might laugh, but the tools at my disposal are an exposure wheel and a focus wheel. The camera I'm using is the one shown on my avatar. If there is some bit of equipment that I could use to make this work (no digital jokes, the first responder already tried that lol) Please let me know! Some kind of filter perhaps?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back