Strange UPS Shipping?

... maybe being put on the wrong truck for a day, but even that is very seldom.

I've had that happen a couple times.

The package was in Fort Worth (I lived in Fort Worth at the time too). I checked it in the morning and it was "Out for delivery".

Good. Right on time.

5:00 came and went and still no package. Checked the tracking again and this time it says "Delayed due to inclement weather"

It was 85 that day with a perfectly clear sky.

But the important question remains ...

Did you get something good? :)

The reason you saw calgary so early is that it was submitted to the broker, it was not there, just the paperwork for clearance was there.

Wow UPS shipping must be strange if the thread can somehow be revived after more than 2 years by a spammer with no one noticing that it is spam :)

Wow UPS shipping must be strange if the thread can somehow be revived after more than 2 years by a spammer with no one noticing that it is spam :)

I noticed (may have reported it, I can't remember now), just didn't care. The thread is back, might as well keep it going for now - lol.

And, apparently, UPS has sucked for a long time.

EVERY SINGLE thing I order and have shipped UPS gets here at least a day late.

I would use FedEx, but it costs like 3 times more. Having my stuff one day earlier isn't worth $50 to me.

Is this an American thing? Or maybe UPS just really likes us here on the other side of the world. Pretty much everything I order from the states comes via UPS if a courier is a must, and all bar one has arrived on time and in great condition. :lol:

Garbz how excited are you that it was revived once again by a damn spammer?

I would use FedEx, but it costs like 3 times more. Having my stuff one day earlier isn't worth $50 to me.

This depends on the merchant...we ship via FedEx because in our experience they treat packages better, but because we ship so much, we get a great discount...I wouldn't be surprised if some merchants charge more for FedEx and other services to force more people to choose UPS/USPS to improve their discount.

It's a strange coincidence that this thread comes back up just now...

Last weekend, I ordered a new scanner from Newegg - they were having a Presidents Day sale, and I got it for about half price.

UPS ****ed up the shipping - again.

The day it was scheduled to deliver, I got the "Recipient was unable to sign" message on the package tracking page. What that really means (since my wife was home ALL DAY) is that they either put it on the wrong truck, or just forgot to deliver it.

Luckily, they actually delivered it the next day. The nearest distribution center is about 50 miles away - so I would have been a little pissed if I had to drive out to pick it up.

I swear ... I would never use them if all of the alternatives weren't so expensive...

I guess that's what you get when you go with the low budget guys...

This thread started in 2007! LOL:lmao:

IT LIVES! :lol:

Seriously though, I've never had any trouble with UPS shipping. If there is an option for both FedEx and UPS I always go with UPS. They are cheaper and they always get the stuff to me on time.

Most reactions

Back