Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p792793421-5.jpg

I love all of your shots Lew. What was your favorite street food in Laos?

I don't know any names (and I speak no Lao), I would just point at things. :wink:
Street food anywhere in Asia is great.

for some reason, i keep focusing on the dog.

for some reason, i keep focusing on the dog.

Well, stop that.

That reminds me of a story.
Around 2001, I went to Vietnam with my oldest son and daughter.
We were hiking in the hills near a town called Sa pa in the North west, right near the Chinese border and had hired a guide.
He was very friendly, intelligent young guy, named Son (sort of a nasal 'o' like awww), who came from a small farming community in the South but had been lucky to go to university and study tourism (truly a lucky event for a poor small town boy.)
At the end of the second or third day, we all had gotten pretty chummy and felt we could talk about anything.
I was sort of curious about Vietnam and so, at a lull in the conversation, I asked him this: 'Son, you come from an area where it is the custom to eat dog?'
He said yes.
I said,'What does it taste like?' (which, in retrospect, is a silly question because there are lots of dogs and each breed must taste different.)
He thought for a minute and then, quite seriously, said:'Have you ever had cat?'

It was then I realized that, no matter how much I might think I had acculturated, there were lots of things I didn't know yet.

Do you add a slight vignette effect to your shots? I've been meaning to try that effect out ... I like it!

Lew that was awesome funny. Thanks for the story.

Do you add a slight vignette effect to your shots? I've been meaning to try that effect out ... I like it!

sometimes, it's keeps the viewers' eyes in the picture.
I try not to either overuse it or use too much of it.

Lew that was awesome funny. Thanks for the story.

Thanks, OH
My son kept in touch with the guide and we were invited to his wedding a couple of year's later.

For an update
In post #5 above, I talked about our guide, Son.
Well, I was going through some scans and found a picture of him, remembered he had wanted to start a travel agency named 'Footprint' something.
So I traced down the name 'Footprint', actually found the tour agency and him and sent him an email and the picture I had.
He replied with a picture of his current family.

His place is Footprints and I'm pleased to say is doing well with great reviews on Tripadvisor.

So, if you go to Vietnam and want a tour, look him up and mention my name.

Life sometimes is good to good people.

Lew

Most reactions

New Topics

Back