Street market photos - please look and share feedback

There are too many to comment one by one but a lot are very pop-up flashy.

the flash ruins these. Get a better lens so you dont have to use the flash.

OR....I can diffuse the light, or turn the flash off.
I freely admit I'm new to this, and I JUST go the camera on Christmas.

I'll adjust the lighting next time.

Did you notice, and wonder why, you're getting almost zero critique?

Not really, no. I have been on many forums over the years, each has it's own sense of community and cliques. In fact, I own a forum in the industry our business is in.

I'm new here. Some members are more helpful than others to those who are new, and that is evident here. (also common on other forums) Those members who did take the time to explain to post fewer pics, have done this site a service by helping someone new. Those who make snarky comments.....well.....it is what it is.

To those who have been helpful, thank you. I appreciate it. I'll post fewer photos next time.

the flash ruins these. Get a better lens so you dont have to use the flash.

Or learn how to control the light you have.... A bounce card for a pop-up flash is a great way to start learning how to control the light source you have. You can start to see how light effects your subject coming from different angles and also how strobing through different materials effects how the light is laid down on your subject.

both taken with pop-up flash bounced/diffused with a piece of mail.

5264276374_ec20a2b6cc_z.jpg

5289498380_45d91f4d58_z.jpg

Thanks Jake! I'm going to work on softening the light. Beautiful pics by the way....

Overall most of these seem to be macro but don't have that DoF one would normally see with macro images. I'd say the closest to the macro feel, for me anyway, is #4.

Most reactions

Back