Street Photography Failure.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well this was the first time i went out to try my hand at this. I had my trusty (big) F50 SLR, i kept the 35mm - 80mm lens on it as that is the widest one i have and i wanted to get close and get in the action but that's where it ended. As soon as i hit the streets i found it hard at first to even walk around with the camera in my hand, got better as the day went on but i took a little amount of snaps and they're all wrong! lol..

Oh well, bought a FED 4 rangefinder, i think i'll feel a lot better using something like that.

1. Could have got closer.
img006-pp-r-1.jpg

2. I know, back turned, was just one of those, i turned back to take snap and she was turning the other way. I like it though.
img007-pp-r-1.jpg

3. Some drama act was going on
img009-pp-r-1.jpg

4. and again.
img010-pp-r-1.jpg

5. yet again.
img011-pp-r-1.jpg

6. Again, Closer would have been good.
img012-pp-r-1.jpg

7. I was hoping to take this a few seconds later as i seen the guy had character and the girl was interested.. hoped to get him closer and the girl to turn her head back to look at him but i was too quick :(
img018-pp-r.jpg

8. This guy i was talking to and posed, i just took what i could.. i helped this guy out but that's another story.
img004-pp-r-1.jpg

thanks... i promise to get closer next time. I'm a bit disappointed in myself but still, i had fun! that's what counts.

For your first attempt at a new type of photography, I'd say you did better than well.

There were certain ones that seemed a bit busy, but that's not necessarily bad. The biggest issue I had is in all the street performance ones, there's a head in the way of part of the camera. Cropping should fix that (if its an issue for you). I like #7 the best. Its a little soft, but that's okay. It seems somewhat somber with the people walking away and the train tracks.

Thanks. I understand about the ones near the Drama Act, being so busy they can look a bit snapshot-ish if the main subject(s) aren't captivating in some way.

I might mess around with crops and see what happens!

Most reactions

Back