Strength in Spirit

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
620-gs-c-2197.jpg

Nice tones. I like the clouds poking through the hole in the rocks.

Nice tones. I like the clouds poking through the hole in the rocks.

Thanks.

I think the shot has a nice/anthropomorphic effect standing about 8 feet back from the monitor. I'm thinking it may look very nice as a print on silver paper.

Pretty much I suppose this shot is a loss and has failed for the most part. I still kind of like it. Maybe I should explain what I see and tried to relate?

First, it's a beautiful natural sandstone arch and I have plenty of "normal" pictures of it. The sun was setting and I got some nice color in them. I'll probably post a few later as desparation has set in :).

Aside from the "normal" I seen something in the way of a torso leaning and twisted along with the shoulder and arm reaching across to the rock on the right of the photo. I liked that the image was not about a beautiful arch, but an anatomical strength, or impression/illusion of such (if I would have pulled it off).

I didn't care for the shape of the head and flowing mass to the left. The "face" was too rounded as well as the jaw and ill-defined.

The photo is 3-4 years old. I set it aside until I could develop the pp skills to relate what I saw in it. Although to me, I have, but not as much as I should have for others. Danm.

I'm hoping to get by there again and spend more time at the arch this spring. I'm planning on three or four hours trying to watch the light and see if it works better.

If worse comes to worse I'll have two kajillion photos of a cool looking arch.

Maybe there won't be a cloud in the background and I'll be able to block out the part of the formation to the right of the "ribcage."

I'm also hoping that my 10-20 lens will allow me to get in much closer and work intimately with the formation. Maybe get under the blocky part and define the face a little more. Also would like to get a better shape on the tortured-looking fingers on the right grabbing hold of the formation. A little too abstract right now I'm afraid.

On a personal/spiritual note, I asked to be able to do this type of photography. It's what I like the most and takes me to where I want to be the most both in real and metaphysical terms. The vision and image is there but I just wish it were easier to capture so I didn't have to spend so stupid much on gas.

Anyhow, thanks for looking.

I love the mood of it! It would look great as a large print

I love the mood of it! It would look great as a large print

Thanks. This one's a bunch more abstract than 'the curse' shot. I'm going to try again in May. I will get what I want out of it.

Yeah man, i like alot of your stuff too. I actually saw what you were going for right away, and thought it was some crazy cool way of post processing, using photoshop or whatnot. If this is actually what you saw, you quite possibly could be a genius.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back