Struggling Nikon

Just a few days ago I was processing some shots from a Fuji X-100T and X-T1 and got to thinking about when those two cameras debuted. The original X100 appeared at photokina in 2010 and is now in its 4 iteration; the X-T1 rolled out in 2014 and evolved into the current X-T4. Innovation never sleeps but it's been napping at Nikon.

I have never been a nikon user, But I wish them well and sincerely hope they recover soon. :)
I almost got a nikon for my first slr but the Nikon FA was too expensive for me, and So was the Canon A1 so I have to settle with the Canon T70. I probably would have stuck with nikon if my first camera was a Nikon.

For me at that time, my first SLR was a realization of an aspirational dream, I have been dreaming of having my own SLR camera since freshman HS and could only afford one after I graduated from college and started working. I remember spending sleepless nights drooling for a Nikon . :)

I've read about this for some time now. I think Nikon will survive. They have new 6II and 7II plus more Z lenses in 2021. Also DSL 880 on the horizon. If they don't forsake their DSLR owners which is 80-90% of the clientele they'll be fine. Need a refresh on some of their AF-S G lenses.

Last edited:
I am heavily invested in Nikon gear. I have put a hold on any new Nikon gear until this all settles out. There are rumors that Nikon will sell it’s photography business in 2021. We’ll see. In the meantime their announced releases of the Z IIs are efforts at catching up instead of leading and will probably not catch the R5.

I've read about this for some time now. I think Nikon will survive. They have new 6II and 7II plus more Z lenses in 2021. Also DSL 880 on the horizon. If they don't forsake their DSLR owners which is 80-90% of the clientele they'll be fine. Need a refresh on some of their AF-S G lenses.

I have no doubt Nikon will survive. :)

Most reactions

Back