Studio - In home or brick and mortar

How much acreage do you have? What about setting up a studio at your house, but not attached?

This is exactly what I did. The studio was built in the rear of the property with a separate entrance and the (legal) possibility to split the property eventually for sale of the business without selling my house.

If you're going to build a business you definitely want to be able to sell it if it works out...

And not every business buyer will be interested in buying the house with it!

That is what happened to me but... I'm in the country (boonies, kind of), another house in the village would have cost him as much with no advantage whatsoever .

The view from my side was a bit different because this is the first house I ever bought, when I was only 21, it's an absolutely beautiful house, and over the years I've done work to it to fit my personality. But when I considered all the details such as having the new owner's traffic go right by my house, the possibility of the new owner knocking on my door everytime something goes wrong for him, etc, etc I decided to try and sell a package. It worked out for me because of my location and the kind of work being done here but...

it sure is something I hadn't really given much thought to when I built the studio although it is something that needs to be considered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back