Studio Music

i always bring my cd's in with mixes on it
but also ask the client to bring some of there music in with them if possible
to tell you the truth I dont see the point wasting money on commercial free radio when you can just use cd's etc instead?
thats just my opinion and I dont have much money so im saving where I can :)

As far as radio goes if the station wanted to be real pricks about it they could charge you for using their station in your business. Most dont but I have heard of it in the past.

I think here in the UK you need a music license, (PRS something or other).. I think that allows you to play any radio station and, I think, but I'm not certain, any recorded music, too. I don't think the license is that expensive either.

Any other ideas for music in the studio?

For tethered sessions, I replaced the HD in my old 17" MBP with the
largest possible SSD that is populated only by the OS, my favourite
converter, some small photo specific apps and a ton and a half of my
music files plus all my CD collection on a wall shelf not too far aside.

Radio music is unbearable in my book and I don't want to be irritated
when working.

A fellow photog here in St Lou lets the customer play their own music in the studio during a shoot using a wifi boombox with a CD player.

What do you do for indoor music? We generally do a cd or the radio. In your opinion does it make sense to pay for a music service to have commercial free radio?
Any other ideas for music in the studio?
The few sessions I did I brought a speaker and encouraged my subject to play some music they are comfortable with. If, on the rare occasion they don’t have something, then I play some music from my personal playlist. Hopefully in the theme of the shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back