What's new

Study of a Pomegranate

I think #3 is very nice, and shot number 5 is also interesting in its own way. In 1 and 2, I'm not sure that quite the right compositional balance or effect was achieved. Overall,though, nice lighting, and an interesting subject. Your fourth shot, of the blossom, the pomegranate, and the single drop of juice, is my second favorite of the set, and has a nice quality about it.
 
I like 3 and 5. Great lighting, nice color picks of the dark wood against the red and white...
 
I'm guessing you had a lot of fun with this series. ;) It's a very nice set, and I agree with Derrel that the lighting is very pretty throughout. I actually do like the composition of #2 - a nice, minimal setup, and it is about the pomegranate itself. I think it could have better focus on the entire pomegranate than what is here, but I see you played with DOF throughout. :) Aside from the obvious color match, I'm not sure including the lily does much for me - aside from #3, which is very strong on its own.

Good job!
 
All I feel looking at these is: I want that cabinet!!!
 
I think #3 is very nice, and shot number 5 is also interesting in its own way. In 1 and 2, I'm not sure that quite the right compositional balance or effect was achieved. Overall,though, nice lighting, and an interesting subject. Your fourth shot, of the blossom, the pomegranate, and the single drop of juice, is my second favorite of the set, and has a nice quality about it.

Appreciate it, Derrel. Agree, #1 especially, I felt something was off. I tried cropping several ways to no avail. I ended up just straightening it a bit and leaving it at that.

I like 3 and 5. Great lighting, nice color picks of the dark wood against the red and white...

Thank you!

I'm guessing you had a lot of fun with this series. ;) It's a very nice set, and I agree with Derrel that the lighting is very pretty throughout. I actually do like the composition of #2 - a nice, minimal setup, and it is about the pomegranate itself. I think it could have better focus on the entire pomegranate than what is here, but I see you played with DOF throughout. :) Aside from the obvious color match, I'm not sure including the lily does much for me - aside from #3, which is very strong on its own.

Good job!

Hey, thanks! It was a fun shoot, yes, but very messy! I had seeds all over the place by the time I was done, lol. I decided to use the lily because of the color, yes, and to add some additional visual diversity. I'm going to do another pomegranate shoot to see if I can get some stronger shots for this set and I will not use it again. I would like to have 7 shots total, maybe 1 or two with the flower, including #3.

All I feel looking at these is: I want that cabinet!!!

Oh, well I was just thinking today about cutting a hole in the side of it, but maybe I'll have to find something different now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom