Stupid question... why would I want a 8' tall tripod?

I've never been able to actually do this, but this is what an 8' tripod is for:

Tripod.jpg

By the time I get everything set up, the rattler has slithered away...
Note the backpack as a last ditch defense against attacks.

This also highlights the importance of getting a quality (read expensive) tripod - see that one there is bending!! You want one that is solid, strong and won't bend with a camera and monster lens on the end.
Course you might need muscles like Hulk Hogan to lift it, but its worth the investment (besides all that work will build you up - from a boy with his walmart tripod to a man with a Manfrotto or Gitzo ;))

To its benefit, that is an older and heavy camera.
But you're right, I need a $300 tripod. Will you be mailing it to me or dropping it off in person? ;)

@ lockwood81 LOL!! I love that picture. very nice.

But I wish I had a bigger/taller tripod. Can be very useful in shooting over like a tall bush(not as a stalker) but like needing to shoot over objects.

Well I just got my manfrotto today... 550xprob and a RC4 3-way head. (at least I think those are the part #s... hard to remember with those crazy naming schemes.)

Seems really solid. I'm planning to go out this week or next and get some night-time city shots and try 'er out.

don't forget that the 055 can go down to ground level! :)
If its a level you are going to use more often then manfrotto make a right angle adaptor for the head as well
Have fun!

lol well somebody beat me to a gag shot, but here's another good reason!

P1010473wide.jpg

Most reactions

Back