Submission for local art show

SrBiscuit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey pals.
Here's what I came up with for my submission into the "get your freak on!" show at space242 in boston. the theme is circus and sideshow type freaks, carnival life....things like that. i realized saturday afternoon that submissions were due today, so my wife and i did this saturday night.

one thing that i dont like is the fact that the bottom of the image is so dark you sorta lose her feet. i could go back tonight and mess with the file and try to pop the bottom area a bit.

comments and crits welcome as always.

Shot with my D1x, 18-70, sb600 thru umbrella.

thanks for looking! :D

4436378514_5c1af7afd7_b.jpg

What part of NH are you in Biscuit?

Right over the mass border in Hudson (which is next to nashua).

Sweet dude, if you ever make it to Maine in the Portland-ish area send me a PM. It's not often I find people close to Maine on here. Also, I like the photo too, the feet being too dark may be a downer, but overall it's a very cool concept and shot.

I don't think the missing feet detract, because the angle of her legs work as leading lines

Don't you just love the image sensor in the D1X? Are you using the Nikon software to get 10 MP images?

thanks guys!
not looking to find a cop out, but it seems flickr darkened the image a bit...the raw PSD file shows more feet. but i agree with you keith, the leading lines do kinda help.

and YES i love the sensor on the d1x. im using lightroom which defaults to 10mp (i believe). the colors out of the camera are excellent...i just love it overall! i have no issues firing my 2 flashes remotely with the cactus V4s. i dont regret the purchase at all.

thanks again for the C&C. :thumbup:

i submitted the image lastnight to the gallery, and accepted artists should hear by the 22nd. wish me luck :D

*edit*
tyler, my inlaws live in bar harbor, and they usually take our son when he has school breaks. we typically meet in either portland or freeport, so in april when we drop him off up in that area, ill send you a PM...maybe we could grab a bite and do some shooting for the afternoon.

i dont mean to sound like a ***** (but im sure thats how it will come off)...

im really disappointed this didnt receive more C&C. :(
perhaps it doesnt belong here.
im going to make a new thread in people photography.

mods please feel free to lock or delete this.

I actually like the fact that it gets darker toward the bottom. It seems like she blends into the floor (as if you did it on purpose). The effect makes sense in a circus freak-type setting. Any kind of fictional thing like that would make sense in the picture.

I like it. It does have a "freakish" feel to it and I didn't notice the second set of arms until I looked at the photo again. I like the exposure on it. The feet are a bit underexposed but I don't think that takes away from the overall feel of the pic at all. The only thing I could add would be to see if there was anyway to get rid of the shadows behind her. Again though, that could change the whole feel of the picture. I like it though. I hope you win!

Most reactions

Back