Suddenly the lens i regretted now i Appreciate...

Hi PhotoLady. I prefer the really short (macro) and really long (astro) forms of photography both of which require tripods, and have relatively little experience with the medium ranges. What I do know is that shutterspeed is crucial to eliminate inadvertent camera movement when doing handheld shots. There's a well known heuristic that your (inverse) shutter speed must be twice your FL, however not being particularly steady myself have always compensated in the direction 3x the FL. This seems to efficiently eliminate blur in most cases, and I recall on discovery of the this rule of thumb how my pics improved. Those are all nice pics. Well focused and exposed.

Someone here advised Auto-ISO. This is also good advice, as it allows you to optimise shutter speed. The denoising software is so good nowadays that higher ISO no longer is of much concern to me, and besides - A underexposed pic at 100 will show more noise than a well-exposed one at 400.

Hi PhotoLady. I prefer the really short (macro) and really long (astro) forms of photography both of which require tripods, and have relatively little experience with the medium ranges. What I do know is that shutterspeed is crucial to eliminate inadvertent camera movement when doing handheld shots. There's a well known heuristic that your (inverse) shutter speed must be twice your FL, however not being particularly steady myself have always compensated in the direction 3x the FL. This seems to efficiently eliminate blur in most cases, and I recall on discovery of the this rule of thumb how my pics improved. Those are all nice pics. Well focused and exposed.

Someone here advised Auto-ISO. This is also good advice, as it allows you to optimise shutter speed. The denoising software is so good nowadays that higher ISO no longer is of much concern to me, and besides - A underexposed pic at 100 will show more noise than a well-exposed one at 400.
i totally agree..thank you for info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back