Sugar Springs, Michigan At Dawn

pendennis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm continuing the scanning of negatives and transparencies. The process is very tedious, because I want to insure I grab good images, and at the same time getting as many scanned as possible.

This image is a scanned negative. 25 years ago, a group of us from our office, were invited to a coworker's summer cottage for a "guys only" weekend. He lived near a golf course, and his cottage backed up to a small lake. We played golf, had good food at the club, BBQ at the cottage, and card playing until the wee hours.

A few of us were up before dawn, either for fishing, or to catch the sun rise. When I left, I grabbed a couple of cameras, only to find out that I had no medium format film. A quick stop at the local photo shop showed that they only had some Kodacolor Gold 100 in 120. I bought the last four rolls they had, and loaded up my RB67 ProS. I used a 90mm lens, and metered with my Minolta Autometer IVF. I took five exposures in 1-stop brackets from his elevated deck, and the middle exposure was the one I chose. The K Gold really had a lot of latitude.

I had some 16x20's made, giving a mounted one to my host, and framing the other two. I still have one hanging in our dining room.

Sugar%20Springs%20At%20Dawn_zpseyad2t5j.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back