Photos NOT OK to edit
Amboy Crater HDRs
400-e7508-10.jpg

400-e87-88.jpg

400-ec16-17.jpg

600-flowers-c.jpg

680-a-02-7374.jpg

680-e73-75.jpg

That second, third and fifth one are really catching my eye. Nice captures.

I really like 5 & 6. The light in the desert is so amazing at that time of day. Great captures as always!

That second, third and fifth one are really catching my eye. Nice captures.

Thanks. I like pushing the color like that.

I really like 5 & 6. The light in the desert is so amazing at that time of day. Great captures as always!

Thank you. I'm surprised how all the other photographers seem to disappear about an hour before this starts. Must be some sort of curfew I'm ignoring.

I like the first one the most. I really like the different elements of colors that are accenting the slate gray rock and gray'ish sky.

Thanks. I think earlier in the day the cloud -morphed from a jet contrail. It just sort of hung there all day. Far away were some streaky clouds, but didn't do much artistically but as the sunset turned a nice color. This was one of the better shots using the lava rocks to chase the pretty combination the sky, cloud and rocks made. I did get a couple shots trying to make the clouds look tangled in the branches of a creosote bush. Maybe later on those though.

I like all your shot they are great.

Thank you!!!

They look rather over saturated. Nice pics, none the less.

Thanks. I pushed the saturation some in these shots. As HDR processed and then just a bit more. I wanted to make them 'Sugar Sweet' in color. My method in development of what I'm coming to think of in my 'art', is to push until I find the line, maybe go over it and then pull back. I'm starting to study layer masking and blending and am looking forward to working less with hdr and therefore less saturation- Although my work will still be oversaturated for some folks tastes I'm sure.

I like all these for one reason or another, but my personal favorites in this series are #4 and #5. #5 for the composiiton and the long view of the Bristol Mountains in the background. I lost the little flower in the front a bit in the shot, but some detail is seen in the full size original. #4 I like because of the effect the saturation has in the slight breeze. I went out hoping to catch some flowers blowing in the wind and that was as close as I got, which is sort of unusual for the desert where I've seen hats, plastic bags, and photographers hanging on to tripods blowing and tumbling by in gale-force gusts of wind before. :) I have to admit it was an awesome day without the wind though.

The first one looks digitalised it really catches my eye. Great shoot!

Thanks Traxtor.

my thoughts exactly....I'm going through a low saturation phase at present.

I've been trying a few shots with plenty-o-saturation, then working with a gray layer and making some adjustments to curves and shadow/highlights. There's some cool effects as a result- However, I think I'm going to put that away for awhile and concentrate on the masking I mentioned above.

The thing I really like about digital is that sprucing up work done long ago (as long as the original format is in RAW) is that bringing it up to current specs is pretty much a matter of reprocessing with new skills.

Most reactions

Back