Suicide…

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help their "snapshot" quality? Is it the color or the composition thats holding them back? If anyone would like to submit their ideas, you may alter these and post them again.

Again, thanks for all the input!

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help their "snapshot" quality? Is it the color or the composition thats holding them back? If anyone would like to submit their ideas, you may alter these and post them again.

Again, thanks for all the input!

Actually I personally thought the SS feel was appropriate, in most cases crime sceen photos are little more than snapshots of evidence as it lays on scene purely for documentation purposes.

Truthfully, I can't say wheter or not I'm right, I still have a lot to learn about creating atmosphere and a scene for photos my self so.....My two cents is only worth so much.

Actually I personally thought the SS feel was appropriate, in most cases crime sceen photos are little more than snapshots of evidence as it lays on scene purely for documentation purposes.

Truthfully, I can't say wheter or not I'm right, I still have a lot to learn about creating atmosphere and a scene for photos my self so.....My two cents is only worth so much.

Not to hijack a post, but thanks for saying this, Battou. Your perspective on the issue was totally different than mine, as I was going for the artistic pain, "goodbye cruel world." effect by telling him to lower saturation.

You're idea of making the cold, impersonal and "normal," is cool. It would be like he's a coroner photgraphing a scene... The photographer could go with some chalk lines of people (not even in the photo) posed in a position that makes it impossible (like on a wall or something)...

The photographer could go with some chalk lines of people (not even in the photo) posed in a position that makes it impossible (like on a wall or something)...
That would be funny.

An idea I had was someone drowning in an empty pool, with weights chained to their legs to hold them down. Not sure how well that would work (or if you could find an empty pool to shoot in)...

Interesting as concept but only snapshot level as pictures.

I also don't want to hijack the thread, but for the benefit of my own learning I am interested in what people mean by snapshot. Several people, including the OP, seem to agree they have a Ss quality, but to me these look anything but - they have been thought out, staged, props have been bought, models have been directed.

Kevin

I had a very dear friend of mine commit suicide and I do not find these offensive. It is unfortunately something that happens everyday and who am I to be mad about someone who portrays it with photographs? I feel these are all well done save for the fact that suicide seems to be a dark time for most participants so I think I would have chosen a more dramatic lighting for these.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back