sultry portrait C&C

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one from a portrait session this week.

DSC_0308copy2.jpg

I like it. I'd like to see it without her arms cut off. Other than that I think it's really nice.

ill put up another without anything cut off, tomorrow lol
its 1 am i just finished editting some~

Please don't hate me but I don't see "Sultry"...I see "Angry". Aside from the awkward crop, it seems a bit soft. Also, the hairlight could have been up higher.

Please don't hate me but I don't see "Sultry"...I see "Angry". Aside from the awkward crop, it seems a bit soft. Also, the hairlight could have been up higher.

^Yes to all that. She needs to relax her eyes and mouth.

^Yes to all that. She needs to relax her eyes and mouth.

:thumbup: Spot on. I think the Softness is what kills it most for me. With a close second being her expression. However, if you didn't say "Sultry" I wouldn't be comparing it to that so I think then it wouldn't bother me as much.

I was going to say she looked frightened. Kinda like she is being told something profound that will change her life. The lighting also is a little dark and mysterious for "sexy".

EDIT: This is according to my Droid screen.

use a fill card of some sort.. or another soft strobe at like a 30-45 degree angle.. i would just have a piece of white foam board in front of her face.. the left side is too dark.. other than that.. the shot is nice..

the pose is a little akward and her face like others have said.. needs to be more relaxed..

keep at it! very close to a perfect shot! :)

i used a white reflector with an assistant,, but i still have to nail down reflecting. i should have moved my second strobe in front of her a little more so it could hit hair and face as well.. yeah all i got for portraits is an 50 mm lens..

Most reactions

Back