Summer Baseball

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My nephew playing on travel baseball (used to be called American Legion back when I was his age). He is the youngest on the team. Plays shortstop and starting pitcher. There were scouts at the game looking him over. He is very good, can do it all, 5 tool. This took place at U of M's baseball field, weekend tournament, only game played as it rained and flooded next day. I just started using the D3300 and had no idea what I was doing... still a little lost. Goofing around in Gimp with it.

55-200mm, f/5.6, 1/500s, ISO250
DSC_0422 (2).JPG

Did you add the vignette? It looks a bit heavy-handed on both ends, but more so on the right. Overall composition is not bad, but the background is cluttered.

As for the "too bad" parts; too bad you didn't catch his face. Too bad he hit a foul. Too bad there were people in the background. Too bad it wasn't sunny. Too bad you weren't in the first-base dugout.

Did you add the vignette? It looks a bit heavy-handed on both ends, but more so on the right. Overall composition is not bad, but the background is cluttered.

As for the "too bad" parts; too bad you didn't catch his face. Too bad he hit a foul. Too bad there were people in the background. Too bad it wasn't sunny. Too bad you weren't in the first-base dugout.
To bad I had a camera in my hand...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awsome pic, I love houw you got the picture, nice and clean.

Keep at it. I would agree about the vignetting, too much.

And since we are playing "too bad" I'll add one after zooming in.

"Too bad you didn't shoot this one from Centerfield with a 1200mm. As the closed eyes of the catcher would have been really cool to see straight on."

Looks like a really nice field. Any idea what it's made of? Wondering if those are pellets similar to the highschool football fields around here. Nice to not have to wear actually spikes.

Some kinda cool things about it. The ball going nearly straight up over the lady's head in the background and the catcher's mitt reaching towards the guys head in the dugout. Sometimes you get keepers that are not meant to be keepers. I'd keep this one.

Looks like a really nice field. Any idea what it's made of? Wondering if those are pellets similar to the highschool football fields around here. Nice to not have to wear actually spikes.

A shorter version of field turf maybe???

The turf looks real nice too, but I am thinking of the material around the batters box. It doesn't look like dirt or clay.

That's a tough shot. You handled it well Foul tipped ball, batter swinging, catcher ready, Ump on the call. That combination doesn't show up very often even when the pros are shooting. KUDOS

yeah, the vignette sucks! ;)

Most reactions

Back