Summertime on Beautiful Fogo Island

camperbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a couple more captures from my summer seascapes series, taken a few days ago very near our home on Fogo Island. (Newfoundland) I am so fortunate to have such stunning vistas right in our own backyard; I fear that I will soon wear out my cameras, the way I have been exercising my shutter finger these days!

As many of you know, I am unable to get up and about much, (spinal issues) so when I do have the odd good day I want to take full advantage of every moment, by exploring our island with my cameras in tow. I always end up paying a heavy price for these little excursions, (I've been back in bed for three full days after taking our visiting Aussie friends on this trail!) but it is indeed worth it, to see these pristine coastal scenes firsthand while I still can.

These two images are from the Turpin's Trail, near the tiny fishing community of Tilting. The panorama is made from three handheld captures, from one of my Sony A500's and the 18-55mm kit lens, (at ISO200, 1/800 sec, f/8) stitched together using Microsoft ICE. The old boat scene was taken using my vintage Minolta 50mm f/1.7 lens on the same camera. (handheld at ISO200, 1/4000sec, f/2.8)

Once I am again able to get mobile, my daughter Jackie and I plan to return to Turpin's Trail, this time with all of our gear, for more serious picture-taking. I am regretting not having taken along my Samyang 8mm fisheye the other day!

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland: about my photography:

DSC00486_stitcha1024pix.jpg

DSC00422a700pix-1.jpg

The boat is wonderful! Good composition, texture and contrast, and the lens was the perfect choice. The first is a great shot too, just not my favorite sort of thing. If you go back, try getting closer to the boat and stay low to minimize the rocks just behind the boat, so you have mostly sky and water in the background. Have you played around with black&white on this one?

... try getting closer to the boat and stay low to minimize the rocks just behind the boat, so you have mostly sky and water in the background.

Impossible. Due to the lay of the land, the camera was already on the ground. As for b/w, yes, it is framed and on my wall.

Something tells me that boat would have worked better in landscape.

OK, when I get a spare minute. Of course, then someone will come along and say it would work better in landscape.:sexywink:
PS: it doesn't.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back