What's new

Sunpak auto 4205g?

Jace

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
12
Location
Chicago, Il
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so my friend is letting me borrow a couple of his flashes to try out with my sony and my wireless triggers. One of them is the flash mentioned above, and I really like it what with it having the arm to set the camera on and such. I have read other places that they are slightly cheap to buy if you can find them, but really can't find much else. Does anyone have experience with them? Would this work for a OCF unit by itself or in conjucture with another flash mounted on a tripod?

The dials do throw me somewhat, like wtf is DIN and ASA?
 
Any of the Sunpak 'hammerhead' style flashes are GREAT for OCF/Strobist work. (Manual only of course) I have two that are the mainstay of my 'traveling light show' I don't recall for sure, but I believe the this one will also have the ability to plug in to an outlet as well as using batteries. I picked mine up for about $40 each and wouldn't be without them. ASA is identical to ISO; DIN is the old European standard for exposure sensitivity.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I managed to find an old manual to the 544, which I think is the same model as this one, just different number for EU or something. Have you used one of these John? I haven't gotten to do more than play around with it in the house last night, and am giving it back tomorrow so really wont have much chance to try it out in an indoor setting, and not really sure how it will work as outdoor fill light.

Haaaaalp meeeee im drowning in underknowledge!
 
See my edit above. These are getting harder to find... see if he wants to sell it. With total manual control from 100% to 1/64, these are IDEAL for small studio work.
 
Sweet man, thanks. I see one on a site that I may try to get, if possible. I also bought this large portable flash softbox, like 8x12 I think. Would that work on one of these? (I left it at home and stayed away last night, so didn't get a chance to try it out on it yet.)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom