Sunrise at Colonial Beach Va.

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having never been to the beach and most of the pictures I saw were from summer time I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I thought "beach" rolling waves crashing on the beach, long exposures for drama.. NOPE.. nada.. calm still and smooth.

So I did what any good photographer would do.. make the best of it.
These are posted in order as the sun came up.

1. D7100, ISO 100, 60 Sec at f/8 -- 7:24am
20150207 Va Colonial Beach006 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

2. 7:35am
20150207 Va Colonial Beach012 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

3. 7:44 am (HDR)
20150207 Va Colonial Beach021 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

4. 7:55 am
20150207 Va Colonial Beach036 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

5. 8:03 am (HDR)
20150207 Va Colonial Beach060_1_2_3_4_tonemapped by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

Dazzling shots. I like it.

first and last shots standout, interesting effects/colours

Lovely work. And being not too far from Colonial Beach (okay...a couple of hours), it makes me think about why I don't drive out there some predawn day.

Well i know where ill be heading this summer for some shots. Great shots. Agreed 1st and last ones stand out. I live about 1 and half hours from colonial beach. HERE I COMEEEE!

Agree #1 & #3 catches my eye. Better for reflections when it's calm and still like #3. #3 looks more realistic with the colors.... Good job. Wondering what #1 would look like warmer?

edit1.jpg

I live in Northern VA... I got up at 3am and drove about an hour and 45 min to get to this place. Was part of a Meetup Group that was praying for a good sunrise and some clouds. LOL

#1 looks way too blue for me. I like MikeFlorendo's suggestion better.
The last one is absolutely amazing. The horizon may be centered but I think it works great. Fantastic shot!

Most reactions

Back