Sunrise at the beach...

I like it. I think there's a little bit too much of the water on the bottom half of it, though.

I know the Rule of Thirds.

Usually for me, if something looks off I don't go by a rule, I go by what looks good. Just me I guess?

Robert
Taking a close look at the clouds reveals an illusion...sort of like they are moving, because there is a big fire behind them and the fire is trying to burn it's way through the clouds. I really like the colors.

Thanks guys!

I was wondering if I was going to get flamed for how small the boat is, but I like how it is kind of telling the viewer how insignificant we are as people!

Really love the clouds! But find the boat a bit distracting. I do love the composition of the clouds being on the right.
Your picture creates the illusion that the horizon is not level, because of the lighter spot underneath the clouds on the left... I had to get a ruler and scientifically determined that your horizon IS level!;)

ohhh...looks like a huge storm))) such a tiny boat)
well, what I would do - is to caprture even more sky...
but best of all would be to shot it from a helicopter))) from above. that would look breathe taking)

I would love to give you some C & C but I think you did a great job. I love the framing. And when doing anything like this as related to the sun setting or free floating clouds, (of which you have both) time is of the essence and their is no time to mess around.

The only thing I wish is that the boat was not so centered. I agree that the size of the boat does the image justice. I can't find you at fault for where the boat was though as to place the boat in a different location would have in my opinion thrown off the hole frame, clouds, water, and such.

Again Bravo. I think having the sun not being cooperative worked out very nicely indeed!

I guess I could photoshop the boat somewhere else... I was thinking the same thing, but I tried lots of different crops, and they all made teh clouds (which I think are the subject of the photo) look "off."

Thanks for the comments!

wonderful use of the rule of thirds, and the colors can't be better achieved

Most reactions

New Topics

Back