Leigh Wanstead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.smootharm.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

Shot around 6:45am this morning using nv-gs400 minidv camera photo mode with my professional video tripod.
normal_IMGA0226.jpg

Here is the full size image url.
http://www.smootharm.com/picture/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10002/IMGA0226.jpg

Is the composition too simple?

TIA

Regards
Leigh

one of the best things about sunrises/sunsets is when the light is brokenby a cloud and you can really see the beams of light going different directions, i feel youve captured this really well, although the photo is a bit too dark, maybe you should increase the exposure to brighten up the picture a little. you could probably fix it with a little photoshop skill.

I believe that three things are killing this shot...
1. the power lines
2. a somewhat unnatural color to the photograph
3. it is a little too dark...

if you can fix those three things I think that you have got a very cool picture... I really like the composition of the whole thing...

I like the shot but agree with the other posters. One thing I always struggle with when shooting a sunrise / sunset is how to make it a cooler pic than just a shot of a colorful sky. Maybe some reflection off of a lake, building, etc. but I try to think of something to introduce into the shot other than just the sky. Just something to consider.

1. the power lines

if you can fix those three things I think that you have got a very cool picture... I really like the composition of the whole thing...

I agree with the lighting...I like the colors..I also think the power lines add to it...makes it more real :thumbup:

The photo doesn't do much for me, but that sight must have been amazing. How I wish I could get up in time to see a sunset...

1. the power lines

ditto, but i think it might all be fixable post production...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back