stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
trigg2.jpg

Very nice!

That's another fine shot with wonderful light and good composition.

There is a lot I like about this image. I like the overall composition and the angle of the light on the shoreline. I also like the colors.

There is one thing I'm conflicted about. I'm not sure if I like it or not and I'd like to know your thoughts when you created the image. There is the obvious leading line of the sea foam taking you from the bottom left towards the top right. The cloud band and the sun reflection create lines that pull me the other way, to the left. The overall brightness on the left also pulls my eye there. I'm not sure if I find it an interest or a distraction.

You lucky to be living in a place like that. You take some really great sunrise/sunset photos! This one is especially nice, adding elements of composition and geometry rather than just a pretty sunset

Lovely light......
Thanks Jeff

Very nice!
Thank you

That's another fine shot with wonderful light and good composition.
Thanks very much.

There is a lot I like about this image. I like the overall composition and the angle of the light on the shoreline. I also like the colors.

There is one thing I'm conflicted about. I'm not sure if I like it or not and I'd like to know your thoughts when you created the image. There is the obvious leading line of the sea foam taking you from the bottom left towards the top right. The cloud band and the sun reflection create lines that pull me the other way, to the left. The overall brightness on the left also pulls my eye there. I'm not sure if I find it an interest or a distraction.

Thanks for the comments. It's always good to get another eye on your images. I can see where you are coming from in relation to the cloud band and reflection. I find that sometimes you have to compromise to get the shot you like which may not be the "perfect" shot. I could have cropped down the left side or shot less wide but it may have compromised the full line of the sea foam and the rocks in the foreground. I possibly could have framed more to the right but then I would have had to much rock and not enough ocean. I was also dealing with sea spray and making sure the tripod didn't move with the flow of water lol. All good fun :)

You lucky to be living in a place like that. You take some really great sunrise/sunset photos! This one is especially nice, adding elements of composition and geometry rather than just a pretty sunset
Thanks Charlie. I am lucky the beach is so close to my place. It's winter down here now and I am finding the light not as harsh and easier to work with. Also having more regular cloud formations really helps with the colour and balancing the dynamic range. In summer we sometimes have 40 degrees celcius days and the light is savage!

Reactions: PJM
I almost missed this, I have guests coming in so I've been busy prepping for that.
That's another awesome pic, looks like the same setting (buildings off to the right) as the one we'd talked about before. I especially like how the water in the fg kind of takes on a misty appearance.

Totally amazing.......

I almost missed this, I have guests coming in so I've been busy prepping for that.
That's another awesome pic, looks like the same setting (buildings off to the right) as the one we'd talked about before. I especially like how the water in the fg kind of takes on a misty appearance.

What!! You put your guests ahead of viewing my photograph?? Outrageous! [emoji23]. Yep, it's taken at my usual beach spot. I am enjoying the winter light down here at the moment.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Beautiful! The light and the tones are wonderful. Also love the water movement. Nominated POTM.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back