Sunset at Blea Tarn

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Number 1 really is nice with the colorful sky.

Honestly?

I think I prefer the iPhone shots here, simply because they're better exposed. The rest of them are much too dark.

Honestly?

I think I prefer the iPhone shots here, simply because they're better exposed. The rest of them are much too dark.

Since when is twilight not dark? I could pull more out of the shadows, but I'm not a fan of the flat look. There is an obsession with getting rid of shadows and making an hour after sunset look like midday. I don't get it. I like the phone shots, but they were earlier than some the other shots.

Dark is different from underexposed. Maybe a matter of preference. Take my advice or not, your call.

Excellent colour and patterns in the skies, and some nice structure. 2 is a bit weaker than the rest which are all excellent IMO.

Dark is different from underexposed. Maybe a matter of preference. Take my advice or not, your call.

:)

I wasn't to coin a British term, taking umbrage. I just see too many images that cannot have possibly looked the way the image is portrayed - I blame the over use of HDR techniques. The phone shots were taken from within the Lightroom Mobile App and were taken in HDR mode and then tweaked in LR mobile and snapseed.

i prefer your last one, the most subtle and gentle shot

Looks like a wild and lonely place...the perfect place to escape daily life and reset one's mind. We lose places like this to " progress " all the time. I like your more natural set. I almost always despise HDR...they just look contrived and created, something that might have a place in a still for a fantasy film. Some people can see the beauty in the contrast between bright colors and dark shadows, but it seems most follow what everyone else preaches and give up their own individuality. This scene would make a nice seasonal set/group.

None are HDR in this set apart from the iPhone ones which were shot within Lightroom Mobile's camera module in HDR mode. I don't do much in the way of HDR as most users of it try and get rid of shadows, and everything ends up flat.

Most reactions

Back