Sunset at Canal Rocks

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
canal 2.jpg

Stapo, you've been asked earlier if you could include a colours chart :(, to scatter the cloud of questions ... you didn't do it again

joking of course, it's lovely shot as usual :D

Stapo, you've been asked earlier if you could include a colours chart :(, to scatter the cloud of questions ... you didn't do it again

joking of course, it's lovely shot as usual :D
Thanks very much.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

The starburst in the sun and the cloud motion compliment each other nicely. Nice image.

The starburst in the sun and the cloud motion compliment each other nicely. Nice image.
Thanks Pete. I had to clamber over a lot of rocks to get down to where I could set up my tripod but well worth the effort I think.

The foreground is also good in this.
Thanks. I generally try and have some strong foreground interest when photographing sunsets over the ocean.

very nice!
Thank you

Very nice colors and I like the way way the foreground is lightened, so that we can see nice detail in the rocks. Do a check on the horizon to make sure it is level. It looks as if it might have a slight down tilt to the right.

Another thought that someone might comment on, too. There is a lot of "weight" on the right side. You have a lot of clouds and heavy rocks, but on the other side you have empty sky and a few rocks. However, you do have the bright sun, so maybe that light adds weight to the left. Do not know if you could have moved more to your left to change you point of view, but that might have helped with the balance. Maybe experiment with ading some more clouds over the sun...more clouds on the sunnyside!

Very nice colors and I like the way way the foreground is lightened, so that we can see nice detail in the rocks. Do a check on the horizon to make sure it is level. It looks as if it might have a slight down tilt to the right.
I normally straighten the horizon as the first edit I do. Sometimes Lightroom has a problem automatically levelling the horizon so I have to do it by eye which may not always be that accurate.

Another thought that someone might comment on, too. There is a lot of "weight" on the right side. You have a lot of clouds and heavy rocks, but on the other side you have empty sky and a few rocks. However, you do have the bright sun, so maybe that light adds weight to the left. Do not know if you could have moved more to your left to change you point of view, but that might have helped with the balance. Maybe experiment with ading some more clouds over the sun...more clouds on the sunnyside!

I couldn't really move from the position I was in due to the nature of the terrain and I had found probably the only flat area to set up my tripod in amongst the rocks. Unfortunately I have no control over the weather so adding clouds over the sun was up to mother nature.

Most reactions

Back