Sunset at Chimney Bluffs: A Photo 10 Years in the Making

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there! I've been trying to capture landscape photos at Chimney Bluffs for over ten years now, and other than a few drone photos through the years, I've never come away with anything I was actually happy with. That changed last night when conditions and my creativity aligned and allowed me to capture the image below using my X-T3 + 10-24. I would have taken this with my new X-H2, but I was using that to film a YouTube video of the experience, which I'll link at the bottom of this post.

Happy to answer any questions, and open to C&C as always.

CB.jpg

YouTube Video Link

Last edited:
Nice. You got a nice sky too. Try try again worked out.

Nice capture, patience always wins out!

Nice effort all round, video is great! You've done a fantastic job there. Love your passion, can feel it..! 🌞

Hey there! I've been trying to capture landscape photos at Chimney Bluffs for over ten years now, and other than a few drone photos through the years, I've never come away with anything I was actually happy with. That changed last night when conditions and my creativity aligned and allowed me to capture the image below using my X-T3 + 10-24. I would have taken this with my new X-H2, but I was using that to film a YouTube video of the experience, which I'll link at the bottom of this post.

Happy to answer any questions, and open to C&C as always.

View attachment 272983

YouTube Video Link
Beautiful pic, but wheres the fishing rod?

Nice effort all round, video is great! You've done a fantastic job there. Love your passion, can feel it..! 🌞
Thank you, I appreciate the kind words!

Beautiful pic, but wheres the fishing rod?
I’ve never been much of a fisherman, but I imagine I’d enjoy it for much the same reasons as I do photography - ultimately it’s just an excuse to sit out in nature and relax.

I’ve never been much of a fisherman, but I imagine I’d enjoy it for much the same reasons as I do photography - ultimately it’s just an excuse to sit out in nature and relax.

I used to love fishing, not anymore i can't kill things these days. Not even catch and release because im still hurting the fish, it plays on my mind now.

Caught 2 under size fish the other week and they both swallowed the hook, that really turned me off fishing for that day so i went walkabout the town with the camera instead for the rest of the day.

Swift,
IMG_20240331_093420.jpg

Pied Cormorant,
IMG_20240331_093707.jpg

The area is covered in murals so I've been getting shots of'em when im there exploring.
IMG_20240331_094503.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back