Sunset Darkness

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been shooting much for myself lately, and just watching the sun set over the Dam is one of my favorite things to do.

Finally got back out there, while it was still pretty cold, it was definitely worth it.

Here are two photos, taken roughly 20 minutes apart.

Editing was done for a darker, high contrast, blacker blacks, whiter whites, edgy look.

This was actually my first "true experiment" with Time-lapse Photography with a sunset. I posted a video on my Instagram, check it out if you're interested "seanscarmack"

25998975910_b553b9c331_b.jpg

25669114293_c25bb2ff07_b.jpg

That first one is very nice. I am not sure about the second as when I first saw it, I wondered if it was out of focus.

WesternGuy

That first one is very nice. I am not sure about the second as when I first saw it, I wondered if it was out of focus.

WesternGuy
Thats always a possibility. I know it was a 30 second exposure and was windy. So there could of been slight movement.

I like the 2nd one. Though I thought it was from movement that it is kinda detail blurry. But the contrast of the blue to the orangeish is nice to see.

I like the 2nd one. Though I thought it was from movement that it is kinda detail blurry. But the contrast of the blue to the orangeish is nice to see.
It was a beginners mistake, I didn't use a remote timer or release trigger. So its most likely a little vibration just by touching the camera.

Thats the only reason I like it also, two extreme colors (obviously enhanced), working together, or possibly even fighting to take over. Its amazing the 'detail' we can pull out even when there is barely no light available.

Nice set. The soft look works for me in #2.

I see what you were going for on the second one, and I'm sure there is a large audience for that look... I'm not among them. The first one however, I really enjoy. My only nit to pick would be the tree in the upper right quadrant. If it were me, I would spare no expense cloning that out. On the fence about the vapor trail... I'd probably leave that. Again... if it were me.

Thanks for sharing!

Nice set. The soft look works for me in #2.
Thank you! I was going for that silky, smooth feel. And of course I tend to lean towards the dark side of my photos.

I see what you were going for on the second one, and I'm sure there is a large audience for that look... I'm not among them. The first one however, I really enjoy. My only nit to pick would be the tree in the upper right quadrant. If it were me, I would spare no expense cloning that out. On the fence about the vapor trail... I'd probably leave that. Again... if it were me.

Thanks for sharing!
I noticed the branch also and since I'm not really printing it and it was pretty much just for social media, I left it.

The vapor trail was the same, I would of liked a few more, and since there was only one, it could easily go.

Thank for taking the time and commenting, very much appreciated to get others opinions.

could call # 2 .. Night encroaching Day
as you have the bright blue sky, and the sunset orange in the same frame.
i like the silkiness of it too.

I really like #1 the sky is incredible nice job.

For those interested. Here is the SOOC HAHA

20160331-1058_zpsxl7uhx03.jpg

Most reactions

Back