Sunset in HDR

ericardo79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

I took some sunset pictures the other day and did a HDR of it. Mainly because the background was brighter than the foreground and increasing the exposure will affect the picture overall.

First picture was taken with -2/-1/+1/+2 while second was just a -1/+1.

$Untitled_HDR4.jpg

$Untitled_HDR3.jpg

happy for anyone to point out to me how i can improve the HDR editing or photoshooting. :)

I saved the first one. 2nd one is nice, but little flat. Maybe pimp it up with PP some for contrast. Keep blasting away!

$Untitled_HDR7.jpg

Another HDR shot at dusk. I did a Black and White shot before but this is a HDR shot instead and taken at dusk instead.

Any thoughts?

Hi guys,

I took some sunset pictures the other day and did a HDR of it. Mainly because the background was brighter than the foreground and increasing the exposure will affect the picture overall.

First picture was taken with -2/-1/+1/+2 while second was just a -1/+1.

View attachment 13160

View attachment 13161

With the second one, there is way too much halo effect on there so maybe a little too far with the tone mapping. If I were you, I'd return there with an ND filter (as strong as possible) as taken around the same time of the day you will get a lovely flow of traffic lines with still the same sort of colour in the sky. Give it a go! I'd try and position yourself so all the red lights can be seen streaming down the road

Most reactions

Back