Sunset last night

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a look at the sunset last night from Siletz Bay in Lincoln City, OR. Happy Easter everyone.

It was one of those nights where time wasn't on my side. Kept telling myself it was going to be a good sunset: "Gotta get to the sunset, gotta get to the sunset." The restaurant where we ate was packed, so they were exceedingly slow. Finally got on the road, got here, and barely had enough time to hop out of the car, pop the tripod down, and grab this shot.

The couple on the sea stack watching the sunset was a huge bonus.

Watch the Sunset Together by Majeed Badizadegan (Rotanimod), on Flickr

Awesome, Dude! You ROCK! lol! :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::lovey::lovey::lovey::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Gorgeous shot!

That is quite the assortment of emoticons! :lol:

Thanks Charlie, have a good Easter.

I can never get my "silhouette" photographs to turn out like this. Amazing, man.

I can never get my "silhouette" photographs to turn out like this. Amazing, man.

Just move the black point over. I aim to have reasonable detail in the blacks, or none at all. The in between stuff can be distracting.

Do you live in the sunset capital of the world?? Nice job , looks good.

Actually, I always complain about the lack of sunsets in Oregon. Often the sky just gets dark. So its Rare to have a good one, and even more rare to have a great one. I asked my buddy at the national weather service, Here's an explanation from him:

"The problem at the coast, especially the Oregon coast is moisture is so abundant you get that pesky low cloud layer (often redeveloping in the evening around sunset as the air cools off), and it blocks the sunset before it has a chance to do its thing.

So my advice for catching a good sunset...1) Wait till closer to summer...Right now fronts are still moving through with some regularity and keeping the flow onshore (Which is pushing all that ocean air towards you at sunset). Once mid May or so arrives, and it starts to dry out you should have more frequent oppertunities for a good sunset.

And 2) Shoot for the days forecast to be "warm" at the coast. Like 70-75+. They don't happen too often right at the coast itself but a few times a year they do, and when that happens an easterly (offshore) wind is responsible for those temperatures, and will push that annoying cloud layer further out to sea so you should be able to get that great sunset picture. "

Most reactions

Back