Sunset long exposure

Cool, I really like the 1st one!

If it was me I would have framed to the left a little more, nice shots all the same :)

They both have a LOT of noise in them.

They both have a LOT of noise in them.
Any suggestions as to how I can remove the noise? I had in-camera long exposure noise reduction on and also increased luminance quite a bit. Did I do something wrong?

Why such a long exposure???

Post your unedited version. I'm suspicious that a LOT of processing was done and that could cause problems. Was it shot in RAW?

That is a REALLY long exposure! That's what probably caused the noise. Better to increase ISO a little and quicken the shutter. I second posting the original - those colors look unnatural.

You can probably send the raw as a mediafire (or the like) transfer and post the link.

The long exposure alone wouldn't cause such a large amount of noise. All of my long exposures on this very forum were shot at 5 minutes or more and don't suffer noise like that.

My bet is on the processing.

On your Flickr account the pictures of the coast have some odd things going on in the sky, until the one of the lighthouse (I think you posted it here? It's a great image!) are you doing something different than you had been doing previously?

The long exposure alone wouldn't cause such a large amount of noise. All of my long exposures on this very forum were shot at 5 minutes or more and don't suffer noise like that.

My bet is on the processing.

Yup probably processing. The reason I suggested posting the original is so that we could see how much post processing was done to the image.

Post the original (a jpeg is fine) and tell us what you did in processing it to get to your final images.

Most reactions

Back