Sunset over Twin Lakes

Nice!! What focal thength lens did you use and how many stops between each exposure?

Thank you! It's my 16-35mm f/4 lens at 24mm, and it's 1 stop each exposure.

I see thanks for that info! So 24mm still seems pretty wide even vertical to require more than 4-6 shots for that panorama, so my question is do you overlap quite a bit and do you find that more overlap is better for post?

I've done a tone of research on panoramas, and they say that ideally you want about 30% overlap between images. They make expensive tripod bases that have specific degrees of rotation so you can set it up and quickly rotate the camera until the base 'clicks' into place. There are tons of things you can buy for better panos. I've personally found so far that scenes like this can be done using a good tripod and leveling base. Keeping it's 100% horizontal and level through out the rotation is critical for good stitching, but mine aren't exactly 30% overlap.

Awesome thanks, this is a great capture!

I'd like it more if there were more contrast. The problem with HDR is that it gets rid of too much of the shadows so things lose shape. In the 2D world of photography (IMO) you need shadows to help give things form. In other ways this is a great shot, it's just that there is (for me) way too much light on the mountains so it looks like the sky and time of day don't match the mountains.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back