Sunset photo tips

Pubb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, working on some scenic photography and could use some help. I took this photo by metering the foreground then applying a gradient filter to the sky. Is this the best way or should I have set my camera settings differently. I would sure love some tips or comments on exposure, composition, and focus.

Thanks,
Mike

Oct10_001.jpg

This photo seemed a little small so I posted a bigger imagine that is easier to see. Thanks for looking.

Oct10_001.jpg

I really like how the sky goes from the blue at the top, to the yellow just before the horizon.

Well composed and pleasing to my eyes so I have no criticism at all :D

Have you considered using strobed off camera lighting for the foreground?

You can make the © symbol by holding the Alt key down while typing 0169 on the keyboard number key pad.

Photos are copyrighted a soon as they are recorded in a tangible medium, like a memory card.

In the US, damages for copyright infringement can only be sought in US Federal Court. Federal Court rules don't allow filing a copyright infringement action, unless the copyrights have first been registered with the US Library of Congress', US Copyright Office www.copyright.gov.

A copyright statement on a photo has been proven to be an ineffective deterent to image theft. It is to easy to crop away, or clone out the copyright statement. Many image thiefs don't even bother doing that, wrongly thinking that anything online is free to take. The concept of intellectual property is lost on many people.

Last edited:
Thanks Keith for the info on copyrighting. I really had no idea why I even put that on there, I guess people suggested it. It is kinda strange how hard it is to protect the images you make.

I currently don't have a strobe but I would be interested in trying out using one for my foreground. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks Keith for the info on copyrighting. I really had no idea why I even put that on there, I guess people suggested it. It is kinda strange how hard it is to protect the images you make.

I currently don't have a strobe but I would be interested in trying out using one for my foreground. Thanks for the tip.
It's not hard at all. Don't put them online. ;)

For the shot you posted, I would have used 4 or so OCF strobes to light most of edge of the cornfield.

You don't have edit preference noted so let me know by PM if you want me to remove my edit to illustrate what lighting the foreground can do:
Yours
Oct10_001.jpg

my edit
Oct10_001.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back