Sunset Skate Session

JEazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Johansengazebosickangle.jpg

Johansengazebo.jpg

Johansengazebohorizontal.jpg

Critiques greatly appreciated.

You've got great exposure on the first two. I assume you're using some kind of lighting setup to complement the setting sun? Really nice.

All the black space isn't needed on the first one. Play around with it and crop it down. It will still work with some of the black space but there is too much now as is.

And yeah what's the deal with his face on the third one? Why is it so white hot?

yes i am using a lighting setup. two Vivi's, one on the left up on the stairs connected to an Optical slave and another flash down and to the right of the frame hooked to a sync cord. yeah his face got blown out in the third one, and i tried to fix it with the burn tool in PS. thanks for the comments though!

I think the colors look great. You obviously have lighting down... just tell the kid to take the ollie to something bigger, and capture it a little bit later in the ollie when he is either leveled out or boning it out. I just think that ollies that are pointing up look funny, no offense.
It's funny, because on a skateboard photography forum these would get eaten alive. Post these in the gallery on http://forums.skateperception.com and see what people say.

MatthewKern said:
It's funny, because on a skateboard photography forum these would get eaten alive. Post these in the gallery on http://forums.skateperception.com and see what people say.

i am a member of that site, but i'm banned until June 20th for arguing with nightlifemike.

yeah i'm pretty mad that his face was so blown out. i'm pretty sure the flash on the left was way too close.

SantosD50 said:
The blown out face is a down side, but it's a great shot overall. I'd like to see it with out being touched up with the burn tool.

just pretend his face is pretty much completely pure white without the burn touch up.

so i take it this forum doesn't fancy skateboarding?

JEazy said:
so i take it this forum doesn't fancy skateboarding?

i fancy photographs of just about anything...

interesting light here... i've always enjoyed flash shots at sunset... tfs :thumbup:

JEazy said:
i am a member of that site, but i'm banned until June 20th for arguing with nightlifemike.
No, it was because you were the ultimate jerk on that forum, and you challenged someone way better than you to a film off. It's quite funny that you made a topic asking to get banned and are now acting as if it wasn't your fault, and nightlifemike is just abusing power.

Most reactions

Back