Sunset

Spladow!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
From porch window. Caught some wild frost on the window.

63c6.jpg

Great colors, idea and detail in the ice!

I REALLY like it. That's the sort of thing I'd like to fill out a portfolio with, but I never seem to find the opportunity. I love the variety of color and the defraction of the light.

I like this one, too, and for all the reasons that others have already mentioned - cold and hot in one picture, lovely colours, great detail in the ice.
But to find a motif like this in the evening, with the sun setting, does not speak for a very well insulated house (?) - I haven't seen ice on window panes for ages now, what with double-glazing wherever you go here. (We are missing out on something... and if it is a view like this one!).

LaFoto said:
I like this one, too, and for all the reasons that others have already mentioned - cold and hot in one picture, lovely colours, great detail in the ice.
But to find a motif like this in the evening, with the sun setting, does not speak for a very well insulated house (?) - I haven't seen ice on window panes for ages now, what with double-glazing wherever you go here. (We are missing out on something... and if it is a view like this one!).

Thanks for the compliments.

As for why there's ice on the window. The shot was taken from an enclosed porch that is seperate from the actual house, so there's no heating in this little room. Its just a place to put shoes, junk, etc. that leads into the side house door. It was also ridiculously cold that day, something like -20 windchill. In four years living in the house, this is the first time I've seen this formation form on the window, or atleast the first time I've noticed it.

That's very cool, never seen anything like that!

The Frost only lasted one day this last winter here in South Texas

Spladow! said:
this is the first time I've seen this formation form on the window...

Then I must say you were very lucky to see it - and in this light even!
And we are lucky, too, because you came to show us! Thank you. :)

Very cool picture. I once took a similar picture, through an ice covered window, but it didn't turn out nearly as cool as yours. Nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back