Photos OK to edit
IMG_8342.jpg

19.jpg

IMG_5774.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_5023.JPG

13.jpg

I like the first and last the best!

For the last one, I'd prefer a landscape orientation rather than portrait--see attached (working in MSPaint, so it's not the best). I may have also not positioned the ship directly in the center? Also, maybe a bit of PP?
ship.jpg

I like the 2nd and the last one, but like others I would have preferred landscape for the last shot.

kinda like the last three. last one is surely best. gorgeous.

I like the water droplets on the branch in 5.

Thanks for sharing. I like #2 and #4 the most. My general rule for sunrises and sunsets is this: try to compose a picture so that it would be interesting even if there was no special sunrise or sunset. The reason why is that so many people see a great sunrise/set, shoot it and say "look at this--isn't this great?" and so many people just go "ho-hum, another sunrise/set shot." Adding something that makes the shot a composition BEYOND a sunrise/set shot moves you past that mind block from a lot of viewers of "just another sunrise picture." Instead, it becomes a lovely shot of a boat on the water by itself with the backdrop of a stunning sunset. Or water drops on a leaf with a stunning backdrop.

nominating #6 for POTM.

I like the first and last the best!

For the last one, I'd prefer a landscape orientation rather than portrait--see attached (working in MSPaint, so it's not the best). I may have also not positioned the ship directly in the center? Also, maybe a bit of PP?
View attachment 90952

Yes I don't know why I don't consider landscape. With this particular picture I didn't do anything to it.

Thanks for sharing. I like #2 and #4 the most. My general rule for sunrises and sunsets is this: try to compose a picture so that it would be interesting even if there was no special sunrise or sunset. The reason why is that so many people see a great sunrise/set, shoot it and say "look at this--isn't this great?" and so many people just go "ho-hum, another sunrise/set shot." Adding something that makes the shot a composition BEYOND a sunrise/set shot moves you past that mind block from a lot of viewers of "just another sunrise picture." Instead, it becomes a lovely shot of a boat on the water by itself with the backdrop of a stunning sunset. Or water drops on a leaf with a stunning backdrop.
Very good advice, thank you... Funny that is why I kind of like #1 but I like the shag of the hickory tree. I can't argue much with the last one though. The subject sunset/sailboat seems to be pretty popular.

Most reactions

Back