What's new

Super-dirty Mondeo in the snow

TordFuglstad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
165
Reaction score
50
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Soo, lots of errors with this photo. Terrible location and dirty car.
We actually cleaned it a week ago, but the winter don't care about clean cars. :thumbdown:
I was just trying out my Elinchrom-strobes on a car for the first time ever.
Shot them through a softbox, shooting from a pretty steep angle.
3 shots merged into one.


So what do you think of the lighting itself? :)





20130128-FordMondeoElinchrom-small by TordFuglstad, on Flickr
 
No one? :neutral:
 
This has a creepy vibe that reminds me of some scenes in the Swedish movie "Let the right one in". Don't ask me why because I can't explain it.
 
Well it looks like you have pretty even lighting...no highlights are blown out in the snow or on any of the specular areas of the car. Soooo....I guess that's good, right? The sudden dropoff/black-clipping of the shadows in the background is quite noticeable...even a little distracting. Did you do that in post? Honestly, it's hard to focus on the technical aspects of the photo when at first all you can see is how dirty the car is haha.
What kind of elinchroms did you get? I actually inherited a set of 400bx monolights when my landlord decided to toss his in the dumpster. I was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? I WILL GLADLY MAKE USE OF THOSE." I wish he would have asked before throwing them in there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom