Super Scarry Larry

I'm new to photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I was trying to go for a dark lit portrait, but the photo looks really out of focus. It was a good distnace and I had autofocus on. Help anyone? Yes I wish I got the whole mask in but everytime I did skin was showing so maybe reshoot with a black turtle neck?

Also, what would be a good cheap fabric to use as a backdrop?

4435488357_39f0eddd04.jpg

Last edited:
What shutter speed did you use? Did you use a tripod? If these are too low and your subject is moving (even if you're sitting as still as you possibly can, you're still moving a little), this could cause the photo to look out of focus / blurry.

Try to keep so much of the shadow from the right side, angle the mask more and lean forward so the top of the mask is furthest towards the front. Maybe uplight from bottom angle as opposed from the side.

That up lighting in the movies always does it for me. :thumbup:

Try to keep so much of the shadow from the right side, angle the mask more and lean forward so the top of the mask is furthest towards the front. Maybe uplight from bottom angle as opposed from the side.

That up lighting in the movies always does it for me. :thumbup:
Ok thanx I'll try it when I get home from work.

What shutter speed did you use? Did you use a tripod? If these are too low and your subject is moving (even if you're sitting as still as you possibly can, you're still moving a little), this could cause the photo to look out of focus / blurry.
Oh umm 1/3 for shutter speed and yes I used a tripod with a ten second timer to make sure i didnt touch it but i think i need a remote :lol:

1/3 of a second may be too slow to get a sharp image with a person being the subject (you are wearing the mask right?). I would try placing the mask on something inanimate so that it doesn't sway.

Yeah, put the mask on something stationary. Use the tripod with the timer again, and stop down your aperture a bit. I'm not sure where you had it, but maybe f/16 would be best. Don't raise your ISO too much to compensate, try and use some additional lighting and reflectors to bounce the light. Place your focus point between the eyes and shoot again.

Awesome thanx guys and live free real cool. So the "webmaster" blocked my ip address at home and I doN't know why! So I'm at school right now and I won't be able to post again at home so I'll see what happens.

Awesome thanx guys and live free real cool. So the "webmaster" blocked my ip address at home and I doN't know why! So I'm at school right now and I won't be able to post again at home so I'll see what happens.

Cause I was totally being serious =D :lmao:

Most reactions

Back