Super Tele Macro, Check it out!

uplander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out tonight to get a few good captures but alas it was not meant to be:grumpy:. Well the front garden was loking pretty nice when I got back from the back forty, the sun was low in the western sky. Jeez, magic hour. Well I took some pics of some flowers with the most bizarre setup just for the fun of it.

It was interesting to say the least.
The set up was my 40D with the EF 400 F/2.8 and a 1.4 Teleconverter. The pics were at the minimum focos distance which was about 2 meters. The first pic is a 100% crop and the second the original.

400macro029copy2.jpg

400macro029copy.jpg

I gotta say I am impressed with the IQ of the big lens even with a !1.4 TC:lol:

I think I wanna get the 100mm Macro next:lol:

wow... that crop makes me want to buy that 40d so much harder then i wanted it a minute ago. thats such good quality for 100% crop

Very good result there - I know of a few people who use the superteles like that - also with teleconverters. If you really like this then you could get some extenders - least then you min focusing distance is a little closer ;)

Oh and why 100mm - go for the 180mm L (or look at sigma 150 or 180mm = very good macros, much cheaper than the canon and you can get some wonderful bokehs with a longer macro lens and teleconverters

if i could afford the 180mm i dont think id even buy it then. i mean sure, ive heard that its one of the best macro lenses available but because its 180mm you gain alot of distance between you and your subjects. and ive heard a tripod is pretty much necessary in most cases with that lens.

the working distance with my 100mm i think is perfect and that lens has often been compared to L glass as far as sharpness and bokeh.

But judging by your impressively expensive array of lenses there Uplander the 180 is probably more your style lol

i rambled. oops.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back