Super wide angle or fisheye on budget

poopingfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posted in another section, originally didnt here but apparently this forums relaxed on the rules of each section.

Looking for a super wide angle or fisheye lens for a Rebel XT, budget of around maybe a little above 300. Will be used for skateboarding. Main emphasis or desire is sharpness and color.

Broswed through B&H, theres tons of options and id like to get some good input from the community before making a purchace. So far the peleng 8mm has caught my eye.

All input is appreciated, and thankyou my fellow photographic fiends!

I'm thinking the little abot $300 should be about $150 a little. As far as color, I think that's more of the body, not the lens. If you're looking for it being sharp, if you can, wait a little bit and go up on the price and get a better lens.

~Michael~

I can personally vouch for the Sigma 17-70 that Bifurcator suggests. Mine is most excellent and practically lives on my 40D.

Derrick

Thanks for all the suggestions. Im looking at the Sigma Bifucator mentioned and it looks pretty nice. Im trying to keep it around 300 because 1)500 or more is..as much or more then my camera its self. 2) Im trying to get some other things :/

Here are some shots I've taken fairly recently with the Sigma. My copy has great sharpness when stopped down a touch (like most lenses). I do usually have to bump saturation a touch in post and boost contrast a little. Its no canon L series lens, but it is just as good or better than many of Canons "other" lenses. The build quality is great. Mine is not the newer HSM (hyper-sonic motor) version, but its not loud and slow. Perhaps the non-HSM version is cheaper now that there is an HSM version out.

Derrick
SunsetRig.jpg

HeyDownInFront.jpg

RoadCrew8x10-Copy.jpg

GraderIIsmallcopy.jpg

5. This is way over-saturated, but it was a project...
FarmTruck8x10.jpg

multi-taskingjpegsmall.jpg

Woh, those are awesome. I love 4 and the 6 of course.

Hm..how did you manage 1/100th 5.6 in a room with only 500 iso? Mustve been a pretty bright room!

Ill probably stick to that sigma suggestion unless something else comes along.

its a really bright totally white room. I had to look at the exif myself. LOL

Derrick

Are there any other good sites besides B&H for lenses? Their cheapest fisheye is about 600 bucks. Ouch.

Most reactions

Back