Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
More sleepy stuff :)

Shot handheld, available light only.

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
I like it, although it seems a bit claustrophobic to me, maybe a wider angle would work better, or maybe not...

Peter

It does seem like a plate in a cage.

Perhaps being able to see one of the table's edges would get rid of that claustrophobia...

I didn't really think of claustrophobia when I shot this, but what you see is exactly what I went for: a table cloth in bad shape, an empty, rusty plate, a very enclosed space.

Thanks for your comments, Peter and David.

This one doesn't speak to me as much as some of your others have, but I like it. It gives me a sense of a time past, emptiness and finality.

This one doesn't speak to me as much as some of your others have, but I like it. It gives me a sense of a time past, emptiness and finality.
Thanks, Carol. It seems this one doesn't speak to most people... I haven't received much feedback, not just here but everywhere I post.

This is just my take on it, but perhaps a little PP in PS to give the photo itself a the worn and old look. Maybe add a little texture, age it a bit, a small vignette, etc etc.

Just play with it a little and you'll get something you'll like I think.

As for the claustrophobia, I too would have liked something a little bit wider but you can't make it wider so what cha get is what cha get.

Overall, this photo gives off excellent sense of age. I feel old just looking at it. Something about the photo really pops out, and to that I commend you.

This is just my take on it, but perhaps a little PP in PS to give the photo itself a the worn and old look. Maybe add a little texture, age it a bit, a small vignette, etc etc.

Just play with it a little and you'll get something you'll like I think.
Thanks, Tim. This is actually my best attempt at PP in PS (I'm not very good). Feel free to play with the file and post the results here.

I see what attracted you to this Federico. Those converging lines and the curve of the plate interrupting that line. The varying textures, the checkered pattern. The rumples in the cloth.

I think the available light hindered accomplishing what your mind's eye saw. If the light had been more directional, and from the side, rather than global, a greater tonal range would have brought out the drama of the tableau more, and emphasized the textures.

I see what attracted you to this Federico. Those converging lines and the curve of the plate interrupting that line. The varying textures, the checkered pattern. The rumples in the cloth.
Guilty as charged: I tend to see subjects as lines and shapes.

I think the available light hindered accomplishing what your mind's eye saw. If the light had been more directional, and from the side, rather than global, a greater tonal range would have brought out the drama of the tableau more, and emphasized the textures.
I agree with this. The light was actually hitting the table somewhat from the side (5PM light coming through an open front door), but shooting later would have made a world of difference. Plus, the light would've been warmer –I think this scene looks kind of cold, and I didn't fix that in PP as I should have.

Thanks very much for your feedback!

it seems more like an abstract piece than an in the moment piece (an I like that..). The color combos are real unique in this, great stuff..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back