What's new

Surf and Turf

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
855
Location
Mountain View, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got out to shoot a bit tonight after work. Cloudy skies continue, but it did allow me to focus more on the behavior of the water in the shot. I ultimately decided to keep the slant (couldn't level the tripod between two boulders as I was getting hit by the water) as I feel it works with the photo.

Hope you like it! I'll add more once I get to editing them :)

1.

Rush by TogaLive, on Flickr



AND PART TWO!

I headed out on Saturday night for a night hike up into the Sierra Nevada again, this time because there was a moon. Turns out the moon was somewhat iffy, and really didn't provide enough illumination through the heavy cloud cover. Oh well, turns out a bike light did a good job of supplementing. I was quite happy with the results overall. The panoramic is entirely HDR, nearly 25 images spanning 42 inches. The sunset was absolutely gorgeous, turning the entire valley pink and violet for a solid 20 minutes!

Best,
Austin

2.

Sierra Sunset by TogaLive, on Flickr

3.

Into the Night by TogaLive, on Flickr
 
It's only the 5th of the month and I have like 5 POTM nom worthy photos in mind already...
 
Very nice!

You should straighten #1.
 
Very nice!

You should straighten #1.

I'm considering it, and still messing around. I kind of like the crooked frame, it feels to me like it emphasizes the water flow more. Weird, as usually I'm really a stickler about a level frame.

It's only the 5th of the month and I have like 5 POTM nom worthy photos in mind already...

Woohoo! I'm excited to see how the contest shapes up this month then!
 
Straightening photos is overrated.
 
I agree with this, you are inline posting your full +5000px 16MB files.
 
I usually like photos to be straight too but with the first one somehow it works in this case I think because of the curves of the entire photo - the rocks, the flow of the water. I like it. I think the last one is pretty cool too. #2 didn't load right so I quit waiting for it, yeah, these are some big files! lol
 
Thanks for the thoughts. As for the file size, I use Flickr as a backup so I upload the full res. files. That said I'll use the BBcode for a smaller size in the future, though it's interesting that it hasn't been a problem over the years up to now.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom