Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First test shot with my new D700:

DSC4809-Edit-L.jpg

Uncropped version:

View attachment 5294

Last edited:
Nice first use of new camera. Lovely light.
Composition might have wanted to include all of the closest rock and just a tad more beach on the right, though.
Well, that's my feeling about it. Others may think differently.

Nice first use of new camera. Lovely light.
Composition might have wanted to include all of the closest rock and just a tad more beach on the right, though.
Well, that's my feeling about it. Others may think differently.

Thank you!

The crop was a personal decision. I did not like the rock in the bottom right or the foam texture in the bottom left:

$DSC_4809-Edit.jpg

My thinking on the shoreline was that less on the right would make the viewer more likely to follow the leading lines to the left. Maybe my logic was off.

Nice arc for the eye to follow, nice light and I like the foam against the blurred water. Good work!

Thanks for the compliments and feedback!

Very good light and exposure and very good textures in water foam and rocks. Only one thing I would try, maybe you already did - I cannot say from the image itself: apply lens correction in Lightroom for example, as for me it seems like the horizon line is a little bit curved. Also, i like second version better.

Thanks for sharing! Great job!

Very good light and exposure and very good textures in water foam and rocks. Only one thing I would try, maybe you already did - I cannot say from the image itself: apply lens correction in Lightroom for example, as for me it seems like the horizon line is a little bit curved. Also, i like second version better.

Thanks for sharing! Great job!

Thanks, I applied some lens correction to the second version. It totally slipped my mind!:

$DSC_4809Uncropped.jpg

nice shot with the new camera! I like it a lot. Did you use a filter with that?

Thanks! I used a 3-stop LEE GND filter. I am still deciding whether to pick up a 14-24 but the ability to use filters on my 16-35 is hard to give up and I can't justify two UWA lenses.

Any other tips or feedback from the other insomniacs out there?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back