Surfaces

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Scratch below the surface, and you will find... what?

Reflections_3692v3.jpg

Took this image when I was driving from one important place to another important place and the traffic was not accomodating my urgency. As I crossed one bridge over a local canal, I saw a moment of solitude. So putting aside the need to be somewhere, I strolled onto the grass next to the canal, and there was this reflection. This was one case where a CP filter was NOT the right tool.

So waddaya think?

Oh, and five minutes after the shot was taken, the wind came up, the surface became roiled, and the image was a memory...

Last edited:
neat Idea loved the way it turned out:)

Very unique... the perfect amount and type of ripple to create a nice surreal effect.

I always like these kinds of photos. This one is particularly nice! Great job. :)

Yeah...hmmm....so, you're a beginner, eh???? Pretty amazing photo for a 'beginner' pgriz!

Oh, yeah, I forgot, all the other sub-forums are the virtual basement behind the furnace!

I like the impressionistic feeling this gives. The water's ripples are just about perfect to give a wonderful impressionist feeling to the reflected scene.

Awesome shot.......I've been wanting to take a fall shot like this.....=) Nice job and way to take a **** situation and turn it into something amazing.....=)

Yeah...hmmm....so, you're a beginner, eh???? Pretty amazing photo for a 'beginner' pgriz!

<snip>.

Derrel, I've been practicing to be a beginner for 40+ years, now. One of these days I'll get it right. The trick, it seems, is to see the world though the eyes of a 2-year old, when everything is new, fresh, exciting, and wonderous. But it takes a lot of work to set aside the daily cynisism of life and the hurry-up-edness of modern living. So I continue to practice forgetting the labels and the rules and the "must-do-s", and try to see the world the way a beginner of life would.

Thank you all for the comments - you've been kind, and I'm pleased to be able to share the little I have with you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back