3253982048_d73b3ac7c8.jpg

3218280258_facc047032.jpg

3218263898_6dfbf27dfb.jpg

3218266556_a5eaa647c8.jpg

3218263036_b2c8432ebf.jpg

3218274496_dedda4d11b.jpg

Thanks for looking....

Nice job. Where is this taken at?

Hi. They were taken about 3 weeks ago in Ireland on the north Mayo coast.

Thanks for the comments

Yes they do need tobe bigger but the only options on
My flickr where this or really big. Not sure why that was as I've never had an issue before.

Thanks for all the comments....

Nice shots, number 2 is my favourite seems a very dramatic shot. Although just my personal opinion - get in tigher, either with a larger lens, get closer to the see or if the image resolutiona allows, crop.

God I'd love a 600mm lens. These were shot with a 70-200 f/4. My most realistic possibility of getting more reach is a 1.4 extender which I hope to buy soon.

Thanks again for comments

Nice shots, number 2 is my favourite seems a very dramatic shot. Although just my personal opinion - get in tigher, either with a larger lens, get closer to the see or if the image resolutiona allows, crop.

I use a 300F2.8L and 2x, i was in Lahinch a few years ago some great surf didn't have my camera because i was on my motorbike

St Ives Cornwall were i used to live
429782974_DQMFf-L.jpg

429784307_aVQdg-L.jpg

Great shots gsgary. That sounds like a very nice lens combo for shooting surf. I need to start saving my money....

This is a total aside but im just interested in people who shoot sports/wildlife with long primes (300-600). Is the attitude when shooting to look to capture that perfect shot with the subject within the frame exactly as you want them or do people shoot a little more gung ho with primes with a view to slight cropping (or major). Also if shooting sports/wildlife would the preferable set up be to have two bodies with two primes so as to be more adaptable?

I can see the difficulty in shooting with primes in that there might be only one single instance with a moving object that you can press the shutter and capture the scene you desire.

Any thoughts. My only experience with primes is my 50mm f/1.8 and thats for portraits usually so very different to action shots....

Great shots gsgary. That sounds like a very nice lens combo for shooting surf. I need to start saving my money....

This is a total aside but im just interested in people who shoot sports/wildlife with long primes (300-600). Is the attitude when shooting to look to capture that perfect shot with the subject within the frame exactly as you want them or do people shoot a little more gung ho with primes with a view to slight cropping (or major). Also if shooting sports/wildlife would the preferable set up be to have two bodies with two primes so as to be more adaptable?

I can see the difficulty in shooting with primes in that there might be only one single instance with a moving object that you can press the shutter and capture the scene you desire.

Any thoughts. My only experience with primes is my 50mm f/1.8 and thats for portraits usually so very different to action shots....

I think primes are fantastic they take a bit of getting used to but you can zoom you walk forwards and backwards :wink:, i try and get the crop in camera i don't crop in post much or do much at all in photoshop

Most reactions

Back